Indian carrier Vistara launches daily flights to Dubai

Published: 22 August 2019 - 4:39 a.m.
By: AVB Staff

Indian full-service carrier Vistara has launched a daily service between Mumbai and Dubai.

Dubai is the second international destination in Vistara’s network. The airline offers three classes for travel between India and the UAE: premium economy, business and economy.

Vistara CEO Leslie Thng, said on the occasion, “With a great product and unmatched Indian hospitality, we bring something unique to the India-UAE route and are confident that travellers will enjoy flying the ‘new feeling’ with Vistara.”

Vistara inaugurated international operations earlier this month with daily flights to Singapore from Delhi and Mumbai. It is now poised to begin flying to the third international destination in its network, Bangkok, Thailand from 27 August, 2019.

The collapse of jet Airways “has opened a vacuum”, Thng said. “This year, our focus is on short-haul destinations in South-east Asia, the Middle East and South Asia. We plan to fly to three destinations in Europe by 2020, including London.”

Having been operational for a little over four years, Vistara now connects 27 destinations, operates over 1200 flights a week served by a fleet of 23 Airbus A320 and seven Boeing 737-800NG aircraft, and has flown more than 16 million customers since starting operations in 2015.

Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) with Indian business conglomerate holding the majority stake of 51% in the company and SIA, the remaining 49%.

Click here to add your comment

Please add your comment below
Your email address will not be published