Facebook Spaces is a new VR app where one hangs out with friends in a fun, interactive virtual environment as if one was in the same room. Facebook Spaces has been launched in beta for Oculus Rift.
With Facebook Spaces, one can view Facebook content with friends in VR, including 360 videos and photos that can transport one to new places.
Some of the new features and advanced tools announced include:
* A new Discover tab that allows people to find the bot for Messenger they're looking for
* Chat Extensions, which allow multiple people to chat with the same business at the same time
* Messenger’s AI assistant, M, now offers the ability to order food through delivery.com
* New rich game play in Messenger including game bots
* Smart Replies, which help Pages to respond to the most frequently asked questions that small businesses receive
* Hand-over Protocol, a new way for businesses to work with multiple developers for different experiences on Messenger
Mark Zuckerberg opened the conference with a keynote about how the camera is the first mainstream augmented reality platform. Facebook's Camera Effects Platform is giving developers the power to build AR tools for the camera and bring people together in new ways.
Facebook announced new capabilities designed to help understand and optimise complete customer journey across the channels used to interact with customers, such as app and website.
Places Graph provides free access to data on over 140 million places around the world. These places range from restaurants and parks to retail stores and local businesses, and the data includes place names, addresses, photos, Facebook consumer ratings and more.
Facebook's new API enables one to map between a Facebook Login ID and a Messenger ID, so one can serve customers smoothly across both experiences.