In Q2 2017 worldwide handset shipments amounted to 360.4 million units, an increase from 341.5 million units during the same quarter in 2016. Find out who topped the list.
5. Xiaomi: In fifth place Xiaomi shipped 23.2 million units in Q2 2017, an increase by 58% in the same period last year.
4. OPPO: Chinese manufacturer OPPO saw a 64% increase compared to Q2 2016, with 29.5 million unit shipments last year.
3. Huawei: in third position Huawei shipped 38.4 million units, in comparison to 32 million in 2016, a lot of this success is down to the fame of the P10 and Mate 9 smartphones.
2. Apple: Apple comes in at second place with a 1% increase from Q2 2016, shipping 41 million units this year compared to 40.4 million last year. (Getty Images )
1. Samsung: In first place is Samsung, the company recovered from the Galaxy Note 7 disaster and shipped 79.5 million units this Q2 2017 compared to 77.6 million in the same time frame in 2016. (Getty Images )