1. Dubai Frame: After several delays and postponements, a new date has been set for the Dubai Frame launch. According to Dubai Municipality’s Director General Hussain Lootah, the project is expected to open to the public in October 2017. The project comprises a 150m-high, 93m-wide structure being built to resemble a huge picture frame. Located near the Star Gate games and rides area of Zabeel Park, the frame will allow panoramic views of old Dubai from one side and new Dubai from the other side. Although its construction started at the end of 2013, it was only recently that UAE residents saw the iconic landmark get covered in gold cladding.
2. Jewel of the Creek: The Jewel of the Creek project in Dubai, which will include hotels, apartments, offices and a conference centre, is set to be completed in the first half of 2019. The project will be located between Al Maktoum Bridge, Baniyas Road and the Floating Bridge covering 123,955 square metres of land. One of the hotels in the project will be managed under the Roda brand and have 460 hotel rooms. Another four adjacent buildings will have 480 serviced apartments.
3. Deira Islands: Deira Islands is a 15.3km2 waterfront city that will have hundreds of new hotels, serviced apartments, mixed-use buildings and marinas. The first batch of the residential and hotel towers at the islands are expected to come on stream in the second quarter of 2020 yet. In recent news, Nakheel awarded a contract worth $1.1bn to build the new 10.3-million square feet mall at its Deira Islands master development to United Engineering Construction (Unec).
4. MBR City – District One: The $10bn Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum (MBR) City – District One stretches over 50-million square feet, and the project will be implemented over four main phases at a total cost of $6.8bn. It will feature 1,500 villas and hundreds of underground parking lots where it is set to be completed by 2022. The project will also feature 14km of artificial beach walk and 8.8km of cycling and jogging track on the periphery. District One will also feature entertainment, retail and hospitality offerings.
5. Aladdin City: The Aladdin City project will feature three towers, comprising commercial and hotel space, spread over a distance of 450m. It will also have air-conditioned bridges with moving floor to connect the towers, driveways and parking lots. The cost and completion date of the project has yet to be revealed. The total area of the project is estimated to be about 110,000m2.