Hotel groups InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), Marriott International, Jumeirah Group, and Atlantis, The Palm are among the top 10 best employers throughout the MENA region, a survey by Kincentric, a leadership, engagement and HR consulting firm revealed.
IHG and Marriott International were both given 'Best Employer (Global Programme)' title, while Jumeirah Group and Atlantis, The Palm were both given the 'Best Employer UAE' title.
Kincentric's study shows that within the region, employee engagement scores were 83% compared to the market average of 69%.
86% of employees at companies that were awarded the best employers title, found that their organisation was ‘adopting agile practices and becoming more responsive to changing needs. This was above the market average of 69%.
84% believed their organisation was retaining employees who best served the needs of the company, compared to a 60% market average.
Kincentric collated its 10 best employers list across a range of industries, including logistics and hospitality, to pharmaceutical and omnichannel customer experience.
Companies were chosen based on four factors: employee engagement, organisational agility, engaging leadership and talent focus. Two additional companies were given an ‘honourable mention’ for excelling in one of these four factors.
The full list of Kincentric best employers MENA 2019 are as follows:
- DHL Express: 'Best Employer MENA (Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, UAE)'
- DHL Global Forwarding: 'Best Employer Oman'
- InterContinental Hotels Group: 'Best Employer (Global Program)'
- Jumeirah Group: 'Best Employer UAE'
- Atlantis, The Palm: 'Best Employer UAE'
- Marriott International: 'Best Employer (Global Program)'
- Novartis: 'Best Employer Kuwait & Algeria'
- Procter & Gamble Near East: 'Best Employer Egypt'
- Teleperformance: 'Best Employer Morocco & Tunisia'
- TLScontact: 'Best Employer Algeria, Tunisia & Morocco'
- Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority: 'Honourable mention for ‘Engaging Leadership’'
- SWR Hospitality: 'Honourable mention for ‘Organizational Agility’'
Khalid Youssef, principal – head of culture & employee engagement, Middle East & Africa at Kincentric, said: “Our research consistently shows that organisations that demonstrate high levels of employee engagement, profound organisational agility, engaging leadership and strong talent focus are reaping the benefits and creating a workplace of the future.” Youssef added, “This year, we’ve seen an increase across three of the four Best Employer indices, including engaging leadership, agility and talent. This is a reflection of organisations becoming increasingly aware of the value a truly engaged workforce brings to an organization.”