The winner of HSE Initiative of the Year 2019:
Safety Performance Assessment System by Kuwait National Petroleum Company was awarded the HSE Initiative of the Year award for its contribution to workplace safety
"It's a very lovely day and this is excellent for KNPC and Kuwait as well," a KNPC spokesman said. "Thank you for all the efforts to make this event happen."
Highly commended for HSE Initiative of the Year 2019:
The ‘highly commended’ nomination in this category is the Workmen Safety Observation Programme by L&T Modular Fabrication Yard.
The jury panel this year, comprising six judges – Abhay Bhargava, director, industrial practice, MEA, Frost & Sullivan; Ali Al Janabi, UAE country chair, vice president, Shell Upstream, Shell Group of companies; Bart Cornelissen, energy, resources & industrials leader, Middle East, Deloitte Middle East; Joseph J Anis, president and CEO, power services and gas power systems, MENASA, GE Power; Nicholas Cochrane-Dyet, special advisor to the chief representative, BP Oil International; Vinod Raghothamarao, director, energy wide perspectives and strategy, IHS Markit EMEA– considered the merit of the nominees, and decided the winner and the ‘highly commended’.
The Middle East Energy Awards 2019 recognized excellence across all sectors of the energy industry, with 16 categories representing the industry:
- Clean Energy Initiative of the Year
- CSR Initiative of the Year
- Digital Enabler of the Year
- Downstream Project of the Year
- Energy Woman of the Year
- HSE Initiative of the Year
- Logistics Service Provider of the Year
- Oilfield Services Company of the Year
- Operational Excellence Strategy of the Year
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Talent Development Initiative of the Year
- Upstream Project of the Year
- Utilities Project of the Year
- Young Energy Professional of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Innovator of the Year