The Italian Trade Agency successfully participated at the eighth edition of the Annual Investment Meeting (AIM) 2018, the largest foreign direct investments (FDI) event in the region for growing markets.
Held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai from the 9th to 11th of April, the theme for AIM 2018 was “Linking Developed and Emerging Markets through FDI: Partnerships for Inclusive Growth & Sustainable Development.”
This was the first time that the Italian Trade Agency participated in AIM 2018 and was onsite to network with business leaders, share key insights and present opportunities to the international community on investing in Italy, a hot-spot for foreign investments.
The dedicated Country Presentation was presided over by His Excellency Liborio Stellino, Ambassador of Italy to the UAE, followed by keynote speakers Stefano Nigro – FDI Department Director, ITA; Fabio Gallia – CEO and GM of Cassa Depositi e Prestiti; Zeno D’Agostino – President Port of Trieste and Sergio Buonanno – CEO of Invitalia Ventures.
Through this presentation, the Italian Trade Agency addressed Italy’s appeal for investors, measured against a number of criteria such as:
• Italy’s skilled workforce offers an overall better cost performance than its comparable European partners.
• Research and innovation are widely integrated into industrial processes with a long tradition of excellence in many fields of physics & engineering, life sciences and social sciences & humanities.
• Italian cities are overflowing with ancient monuments and treasures, combined with its world-famous art, culture, music, food, and quality goods – giving Italy an unparalleled quality of life, which is the envy of the world.
• Italy is the global leader for its photovoltaic contribution into the national electricity mix and also also first among the largest EU countries for share of renewable energy in gross domestic consumption.
• Investing in Italy means having access to unique export knowhow in leading sectors, such as machinery and automation, fashion, design, and food.
“We are extremely pleased by the positive response that we received at AIM 2018 and the opportunity to meet first-hand potential investors and demonstrate why Italy is a competitive investment location and one of the most business-appealing countries in the European region,” said Stefano Nigro, FDI department director, Italian Trade Agency.
“The Middle East is an important region for us and this was a great platform for us to showcase the best of Italy and the tremendous opportunities that it presents to the investment community,” he added.