Total power industry deals for February 2020 worth $5.91bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 111.1% over the previous month and a drop of 42.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $10.2bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 28% over the last 12-month average with 116 deals against the average of 161 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $2.18bn.
Power industry deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five power deals accounted for 61.9% of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five power deals stood at $3.66bn, against the overall value of $5.91bn recorded for the month.
The top five power industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Siemens’ $1.22bn acquisition of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- The $1.13bn acquisition of Abu Dhabi National Energy by Abu Dhabi Power
- JSW Energy’s $742.28m asset transaction with GMR Energy
- The $300m asset transaction with Glidepath Ventures by Grasshopper Solar
- APG Groep and Aquila Capital’s private equity deal with Smakraft for $270.92m.