Asia-Pacific solar technology tenders in December 2019 saw 65 tenders announced, marking a drop of 23% over the last 12-month average of 84, according to GlobalData’s power industry tenders database.
The proportion of solar technology tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the month was as follows:
- Project Implementation with 45 tenders and a 69.2% share
- Supply & Erection: eight tenders and a 12.3% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: six tenders and a 9.2% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: four tenders and a 6.2% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: two tenders and a 3.1% share.
India tops Asia-Pacific solar power tenders activity
India was the top country in the Asia-Pacific region for solar technology tenders recorded in December 2019 with 49 tenders and a 75.4% share, followed by the Philippines with six tenders and a 9.2% share and Pakistan with five tenders and a 7.7% share.
Asia-Pacific solar technology tenders in December 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of tenders for the month in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
- Solar Energy Corporation of India (India): 2,400MW from two tenders
- NTPC (India): 1,523.87MW from four tenders
- Bihar Renewable Energy Development Agency (India): 250MW capacity from one tender.